It’s clearly something to do with web 2.0 (which we discussed in episode 016). But there’s also a potential link with management 2.0 which is explained in Gary Hamel’s recent book. Referring back to his recent Bucharest presentation, Jon argues that the link is the social nature of the 2.0 tag (social media / more social management) and in fact, the differentiation between HR and HR 2.0 is the latter’s focus on producing social capital.
We also hear from James Tastard, VP of Corporate HR at Aker Solutions in Houston, Texas, about his views on HR / management / web 2.0. Thanks enormously for your contribution James!
Krishna also talks about the new hiring network, Worky. And Jon discusses recent CIPD findings on job satisfaction.
And we review a new book, ‘Collaboration’.
- McArthur’s Rant blog
- Gary Hamel: Future of Management
- HR 2.0 conference – Bucharest, Romania
- Sunday Business Post article on Worky
- CIPD press release on job satisfaction
- Morten Hansen, Collaboration
Listen to the podcast: you can download the podcast to your hard drive or play it streaming from the web.
- Consulting - Research - Speaking - Training - Writing
- Strategy - Talent - Engagement - Change and OD
- Contact me to create more value for your business
- jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com