I'm beginning to get my ideas on social capital a bit clearer and on 2 October will be sharing them on this Kennedy Information webinar.
In particular, I'll be covering:
- The value of social capital through the employee lifecycle, from building it through initial recruitment efforts, to maintaining it during layoffs and downsizing
- Some examples of different strategic contexts for social capital, and food for thought about the type of social capital which might make sense for your own organization
- Examples of virtual and “real” activities which can be used to enhance organizational social capital
- A review of HR and recruitment processes can be tailored towards maintaining and building social capital
- A framework for identifying the activities that can be used to develop social capital in a particular context.
You do need to register (and pay $149) if you want to attend this webinar. But you only pay for the line, so why not set up for it in a conference room and pay just one fee for as many attendees as you wish.
And if you can't make the 2 October, you can still register and receive access to the full recorded event immediately following its conclusion. Listen at your leisure from anywhere with web access.
It's going to be fun - and I've got a lot of work to get my ideas sorted out before then!